Lead Data Scientist
At Smart IoT Labs, we are transforming the current Connected Homes into real Intelligent Homes. AI-powered houses that sense and learn transparently from people’s daily habits, and act proactively without any human intervention, focusing on people’s real concerns, like Elderly People Care, Security or Energy Savings.
To achieve such an ambitious goal, Data and Algorithms are at the center of the evolution of our platform. Leveraging data gathered from our super-sensors, the AI team delivers insights-driven outcomes to add new features and improve reliability and performance.
The Lead Data Scientist will distill stakeholder needs into precise data science problem statements, applying Statistics, Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Reinforcement Learning techniques to design and develop new algorithms.
- Lead a team to explore and process data to generate insights and evaluate different Statistics/ML/DL/RL techniques to build predictive modeling solutions that improve platform capabilities and performance.
- Translate results into business value and insights to stakeholders with easy-to-understand visualizations to communicate complex behavioral patterns, set expectations and drive adoption.
- Ad-hoc algorithm design from scratch, generating pipelines from raw data to useful embeddings exploitable on statistical and machine learning models.
- Design and build end-to-end experiments (A/B or multivariate) to evaluate the accuracy of new algorithms, partnering whenever appropriate with the engineering team for deployment, live evaluations and rollbacks.
- Build, motivate and mentor a team of data scientists to grow their skills and careers.
- Establish a strong relationship with different universities and research centers to create a community around the data, the algorithms and the platform, encouraging publishing and research.
- 5+ years of working experience as a Data Scientist and proven track record building end-to-end AI projects.
- Excellent coding abilities in Python with full knowledge of the core libraries for data analysis, multivariate and Machine Learning.
- Fundamental understanding of statistical modeling, predictive analysis, multivariate time series, signal processing, featurization, machine learning, deep learning and reinforcement learning.
- Continuously research and evaluate emerging technologies and stay current on published state-of-the-art algorithms and models.
- Leading by example and being a role model for your team. Past experience mentoring junior data scientists.
- Academic background in Mathematics, Telecommunications Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or related.
- Working experience with cloud services (AWS, Azure, …).
- Hands-on experience with databases (SQL and NoSQL).
- Demonstrable participation in community-driven AI challenges (Kaggle, DrivenData, HackerRank, …).
- PhD or scientific papers published in the AI domain.
Regarding soft skills, we need someone who adapts to a fast-changing environment and eats ambiguity for breakfast. Energetic, optimistic, autonomous and proactive, passionate and committed with his job and our vision.
We offer a unique startup culture,a very open and agile environment with no fixed schedules where you can learn every day. A great opportunity for professional development and fast-growing as the startup moves on, by being a member of a top-talented and senior team at many different technical and business disciplines.
The position is based in Sanlucar La Mayor, Seville (Spain). At our Living Lab office, a singular country house with many company´s benefits like health insurance, a full kitchen, swimming pool, BBQ, playground, …